TERMS AND CONDITIONS + ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
When using this website, you are subject to the following terms, conditions and policies. These can be updated from time to time. Make sure you read the terms and conditions before purchasing your classes.
Please note all transactions are listed in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Payments – Memberships
When purchasing a membership (bronze or gold), you agree to the following conditions:
- All memberships must be paid in full before the beginning of each term.
- Members must register for classes via the website every term. This allows us to know our female/male class ratio.
- Memberships allow you access to group classes as specified by Salsabor. This access change from term to term. It does not cover Salsabor events.
- Salsabor offers a 7 day cooling off period for cancellations or refunds. After this time, membership is non-refundable for absence, non-attendance, change of mind or any other reason.
- Members will not be compensated in the rare event that a class is cancelled.
Term Class Payments
When purchasing a 8 week course, you agree to the following conditions:
- Bookings are essential for all courses. Please note that discounts apply for ONE individual person registering for classes. You can only register for one person per registration. Registrations for each individual must be registered separately.
- Bookings made from the third week of term will not be accepted
- Numbers are restricted and courses are filled on a first come first served basis.
- Duration is 1 hour for all classes.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the first class and report to the reception desk, you will have to complete an enrolment form if you haven’t booked online.
- Students must report to the reception desk at the start of each class. This allows us to monitor attendance.
- If you miss 4 consecutive classes you’ll be automatically removed from the attendance list. To be reenrolled a $5.00 administration fee will apply.
- If you miss 4 or more classes during the course you will not be able to enroll in the next level. You’ll have to re-take the same level the following term.
- Some courses fill very quickly and some attract smaller numbers. If your course does not have enough students it will be cancelled and you will be informed. If this happens, your course fee will be refunded in full or you may transfer to another course.
- Catch up classes will be allowed for Salsa classes by attending another class of the same level, and with permission of director Raquel Paez for all other classes.
Salsabor offers a 7 day cooling off period from the date of your purchase for cancellations and refunds. After this time Salsabor does not refund the purchase price.
Non-attendance – If you miss a class you can do a make-up class at another class (your level or an alternative) before the end of the term. Contact us if you are unsure which classes you are eligible to attend.
Change of mind – Failure to contact us within the first 7 days of your payment, we cannot offer you a refund or extension of your payment.
Any changes made to your registration will incur a $25 administration fee.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR SPECIAL CONSIDERATION, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILTY TO CONTACT SALSABOR WITHIN 1 WEEK OF YOUR CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCE. SALSABOR WILL TREAT APPEALS ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS AT THE DIRECTORS DISCRETION.
Payment options include: Cash, Direct Debit, Credit Card (Visa, and MasterCard) via our website only using the cart system.
All prices include 10% GST.
If you need a receipt please make a request at the reception desk and it will be ready at the end of your class.
Code of Conduct
Salsabor is committed to providing safe, exciting and educational classes for each of our students. We believe that ethics – moral principles, standard practices, and etiquette are important elements in the dance world and should be part of a dancer’s education. In order to provide a safe and uplifting environment for everyone, we ask that instructors and students follow the studio’s code of conduct. It takes everyone’s help to create a positive learning experience. Thank you in advance for working together.
Release of Liability
By registering to attend any Salsabor classes you agreed to the Release of Liability Agreement:
1. I am participating in classes, offered by Salsabor Dance Studio. I recognise that dance classes requires physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks involved.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Classes. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition that would prevent my participation in the Classes.
3. I understand that it is my responsibility to advise the instructor of any injuries or if I am pregnant so the instructor can provide suitable modifications where required.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in Classes, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the lessons.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in Classes, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against the owners, instructors, and assistants, individually or otherwise, of Salsabor Dance Studio for damages, and injury that I may sustain as a result of participating in classes.
6. I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Salsabor Dance Studio injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
7. I will not hold responsible/sue Salsabor Dance Studio, instructors or employees for any injuries suffered by me caused whole or in part by my failure to follow the instructions of you or your employees or by any physical impairment of mine not fully disclosed to you in writing.
- Students are required to show respect to their instructors and other students.
- Students are required to only offer advice in class or on the dance floor when directly asked.
- Students are required to respect the studio property and premises.
- Students should try to attend all classes, punctually and as a courtesy, apologise when interrupting a class and to advise teachers (in advance when possible) if they will be absent from a class.
- Students are required to revise and practice when preparing for performances, and enroll in the classes as agreed upon for the performance class.
- Students are required to moderate their language, conversation and behaviour when they are representing the studio.
- Students are required to clean up after themselves and maintain clean studios and amenities.
-Students are required to be respectful when other classes are taking place.
- Students are required to use deodorant. Students who perspire excessively should keep a personal hand towel on hand and/or change of clothing.
-Lost Property will be available at the studio for one month.
Breaching the code, depending on the severity of an incident, one warning will be given, followed by a suspension.
Stealing is not tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion from the school. Whether direct acquisition of another person’s property, not paying studio fees or not enrolling in classes/paying the required fees of the course without prior agreement.